Saturday, May 27, 2017

Forza Horizon 3: King of 911?

Porsche's trump card against the Nissan GT-R, the 991 911 Turbo S, has returned on Forza Horizon 3 as an event car you can win on this weekend's Forzathon event. We had so many memories on this first 991-spec 911 to arrive in the world of Forza since our European journey two years ago and now it's back for more.



If I recall, the 911 Turbo S is powered by a turbocharged 3.8L flat-6 engine mounted on the back, producing 552bhp of power and 516lb-ft of torque. Combined with its 4WD, low centre of gravity, and a 7-speed PDK, this car does 0-100kph in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 318kph, faster than a hot version of the Nissan GT-R, which is why it was Porsche's trump card against Godzilla after all.

Sadly though, even though this is the king of 911s, this isn't my favorite 911 because the less powerful and more hardcore 911 GT3 RS is my new favorite 991-spec 911 because even though it produces a hundred less than the Turbo, it's still more enjoyable to drive than the Turbo because it's way more track honed compared to the Turbo. I know that the 911 Turbo is a great car to use on the road and on the track, it's nowhere near as good as the GT3 RS that I drove a while back...or is it?



Let's give the 911 Turbo S another chance by giving it a rollercoaster drive on the twists and turns of Hot Wheels Thrilltopia since we're in a middle of our Hot Wheels adventure. Okay, ready?



Still not my favorite 991 though. Sorry but even though it has a lot of power than any of the 991-spec 911s, its arm-breaking grip won't impress me and no matter how hard I handle, my arms are getting the beating more than the wheels itself and that's why I'm not interested with the 911 Turbo anymore. Anyway, you still have lots of time to get that powerful 911 Turbo to your garage while you can.

No comments: