Saturday, April 2, 2016

Leopaul's Heaven and Hell: Thank you, μ's




μ's, the popular school idol unit from the Love Live! School Idol Project has came to a bittersweet but happy end after the highly successful Final Love Live concert and I have to make one final love letter to the school idol unit that became as popular as...ahem, those two Dubsmashing lovers I saw on TV.

I guess it's time for me to explain how it all started when I got sucked into μ's popularity. You see, even when the Love Live anime aired at the beginning of 2013, I never even heard of it while other people are starting to respect this show more than K-On! a few years ago. Running from two seasons and a full-length movie, the affair of μ's is becoming the trendsetter of every anime otaku worldwide and because μ's is gaining so much attention global, the whole global fanbase is starting to take action. One such example is the app game I played before; the School Idol Festival game. That's how I got into the μ's mess as well as my little sister. I got greeted by every member of the school idol group the world's talking about; Honoka Kousaka (Emi Nitta), Kotori Minami (Aya Uchida) Umi Sonoda (Suzuko Mimori), Rin Hoshizora (Riho Iida), Hanayo Koizumi (Yurika Kubo), Maki Nishikino (Pile), Eli Ayase (Yoshino Nanjo), Nozomi Tojo (Aina Kusuda), and Nico Yazawa (Sora Tokui). Even though I didn't saw the anime, their hit songs really grabbed the best of me like a grappling hook on a tall building. Daring, isn't it?

Thanks to  μ's, the whole world's gone Love Live crazy and it opened up new and exciting opportunities to bring its presence to the world stage. I was very impressed that these idols have became the talk of the town from otakus everywhere. They keep chatting about who's their favorite μ's idol, talk about stuff they saw in the anime, have their say on the women behind the voices of  μ's, everything. I even read pieces of intel about whatever  μ's-related folks, even women, put on in their nifty little diaries and post it anywhere, even instagram. I know, so much intelligence gathering is happening on right now about what's for dinner right now, what show did they watch, what game did they play, or whatever the heck is going on.

I love the idea is that  μ's really reminds me of AlDub but with nine times more manageable because with such success, the commercial endorsements rolled in to the world's number one fictional school idol group especially partnerships with numerous establishments across Japan. You compare these two popular things and you got yourself half-sum worth of accessible fandom the world has ever faced.

Humor me, has my love for  μ's pushed my long love affair with THE IDOLM@STER franchise to second place? Sounds cheesy but even though the Love Live franchise is a half a decade younger than the legendary IDOLM@STER franchise, its popularity made these two idol titans trading punches with each other and to my dismay, most people who used to be in IM@S territory were migrating to the  μ's side because, well, you get the idea.

I know that Haruka Amami is my love affair to the IM@S franchise but when  μ's leader Honoka Kousaka kicks in, I'm starting to fell myself into the conflict between my two favorite anime idols, even though these two managed to become at the top of the CUTE WALL against any other cute characters I mentioned. Yes, they really are the cutest of the anime idol girls but if I had to choose one, it's a tough decision. Either way, they're like a part of me I wouldn't let go.

Watching both of the series gave me a quick reminder about why I got dragged into this idol mess while my little sister wouldn't mind. Getting dragged into this "idol hell" means all of my allowance has been long gone thanks to them and with those anime idol girls begin to haunt me for the rest of my life, I can't escape from their charming grasps even if I have to do by any means necessary to get out alive but no. No matter how many times I escape, they're still onto me no matter what.

Anyway, no time for further explanations about the conflict between the two idol giants because let's talk about the Final Love Live concert happened at the Tokyo Dome last night and don't worry because even you and I never make it to the final concert with  μ's, the playlist of the best of  μ's (including their final song MOMENT RING) as well the whole collection of  μ's figures (Nendoroids and SH Figuarts became a necessity because the figma lineup wasn't complete yet) and some endless imagination like from the AlDub concert last October is sure enough to bring the Final Love Live into the comfort of our homes. Judging what  μ's been through after its summer 2010 debut with their song "Bokurano Live Kimitono Life", the world's number one school idol unit unleashed the coup de grace just to kick the fans' butts to greater heights, delivering the moment they will never forget when they got out from the Tokyo Dome after their final live show. Yeah, this concert became the best sendoff  μ's has ever done.

The girls behind the  μ's gave everything they got to bring this Final Love Live one of the most successful events in anime history but for me, I have big respect for the woman who voiced Eli Ayase, Yoshino Nanjo. Ever since the girl behind my dear Elichika couldn't make it in one of  μ's performances such as the live television performance at Music Japan as well as the annual Kahotan new year's eve concert, I'm starting to grow disrespect from her but with Nanjorno appeared at the Final Love Live, I knew this lady gave her colleagues plenty of reasons to worry but she held out on her own out there because...she's an effing  μ's! (laughing heartly)

So, with the Final Love Live's finally finished, looks like the women behind  μ's will be back to their regular selves again. Mimorin's done being Umi Sonoda and returns to being Sherlock Shellingford from Milky Holmes. Nanjorno, meanwhile, will revert from being the vocalist of fripside as we know it. Everything's back to normal but the echoes of  μ's final concert will never be forgotten. This is the end of  μ's as we knew it but it's a prologue to the new generation of Love Live, mainly Aqours of Love Live! Sunshine!! While waiting for Aqours' next single coming this year as well as their upcoming anime show, guess this is a start of something new and I'm just warming up to prepare for Aqours because...there's now someone from the second generation who will wet my pants in bedtime. Particularly the swimmer from Aqours, You Watanabe. (laughing)

Love Live Forever!!!!!!!!!

No comments: