Sunday, August 16, 2015

FH2 Porsche Expansion: The Spectacular 918 Spyder!

Yes, it's that time of the day again when I got myself a one-way ticket to the Horizon Finale. I once finished the finale and looks like I am now doing it again, this time in a different vehicle, specifically from the DLC portfolios. Of course, every car is welcome to the finale but for my second attempt, I have sealed my fate in this.

918 (3)

918 (2)

What I have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a Porsche 918 Spyder, which is part of the game's Porsche Expansion pack. However, it's not just any other 918 Spyder, this is my 918 festooned with all the 765 Production idols from THE IDOLM@STER series, made to celebrate the series' 10th birthday. Awww, too soon?! Still, as told in the portfolio, they will continue to make new dreams out of this!

918

But first, what is the Porsche 918 Spyder? From concept to reality, this is Porsche's first ever PHEV hypercar designed and engineered to compete against the revolutionary McLaren P1 and the Ferrari LaFerrari. Like the P1 and the LaFerrari, the 918 Spyder features a 4.6L V8 engine bolted to the middle and three electric motors working together to generate over 880bhp of power output. May not be much than the P1 and the LaFerrari and neither is the top speed of 210mph but unlike the McLaren and the Ferrari, the 918 is an all-wheel drive hypercar and thanks to this powertrain, its 0-60mph time is 2.6 second, which is better than the other two. It's mated with Porsche's 7-speed dual clutch gearbox which perform seamlessly in shifting gears. Fun fact that the 918 set the fastest production car lap at the Nurburgring in under 6:57, faster than almost any other known car in the world.

Anyway, no need to explain more about what's what about the 918, time to carry out the 918's biggest wish, especially mine, to create new dreams as it undergoes the Horizon Finale with all of its might. Obviously, the Horizon Finale is a very tough race indeed so extensive improvements have been made to make it more competitive against the foreign Johnnies. With all set, the final encore commences...



That was one heck of a battle but after all this, me and my 918 finally won the finale with everything or nothing at its dispersal. I'm so happy that these cars worked so hard to push new dreams for everyone in the name of driving pleasure here at Forza Horizon 2. The 918's work in Horizon is well and truly done because it got what it truly deserved but not for me.

To celebrate the occasion, I've orchestrated a little party piece...

No comments: