Saturday, February 14, 2015

Forza Horizon 2: VANQUISHing Horizon Again

vanquish

Ah yes. The Aston Martin Vanquish, the flagship grand tourer from the Aston Martin range. Although it doesn't have the capability to lash out its firepower against the mightiest sportscars in the world, it has one of the most dramatic looks for a grand tourer of this calibur. It truly represents the brand's motto of POWER, BEAUTY, and SOUL in the right places and here in Forza Horizon 2, I can have as much fun as I want in the Vanquish and still keeps me happy even though this car is just a few years old.

vanquish (2)

When this car showed up on the original Horizon, I have fallen in love with it. It looks harmonious but when in races, it starting to unravel its true potential as a grand tourer and that won my heart over since I've been asking for this car for moments when Aston Martin launched the new Vanquish last 2012 to replace the DBS.

Now that we're in Europe, the Aston Martin Vanquish starting to feel like home because its potential as a grand tourer can't be contained. Sure, you can take one out for a race but enjoying this car on free roam is much more knowing to the Vanquish. It likes to take some time out after its long grueling races against its rival GT cars but when the opportunity rises, the Vanquish is ready for almost everything. A formidable car to start at but behind the scenes, it's magnificent to drive from sunrise to sunset.

With four races left for me before the finale, I decided that it's the Aston's time to shine for the championship I've signed up, which is held at Saint-Martin, but first...

vanquish (4)

FLASH MAKEOVER! I've gave the Vanquish its "BEAUTY" credentials it deserved. To be honest, it's been recycled from what I did on my Ford Fiesta ST. The Gardevoir and Mega Gardevoir design from Pokemon XY, I've changed its colors to replicate their..."shiny" appearance. Oh come on! You know what a "shiny" Pokemon is, right? A Pokemon of a different color! Anyway, because it matches the theme of "POWER, BEAUTY, and SOUL" from the Vanquish and after taking some extensive improvements on the performance, it's time to set off for a road trip.



And now, its racing action!



vanquish (3)

Good job. You really are Aston Martin's ultimate GT after all and all that beautiful designs I've made really motivated you to winning this championship. Now, let's go home.



The Aston Martin Vanquish finally accomplished its own 60 minutes of fame but with three championships left before the finally, my journey's almost at an end but what will I accomplish on the last three before the big sendoff? Find out soon as the journey continues!

No comments: