Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Forza Horizon 2: The Evo's dying wish

evo

With the news reporting that the Lancer Evolution saga will end within a few short moments and Mitsubishi Motors have no plans to replace it with something exciting because they have other things on their mind, all we can feel is sadness for Mitsubishi's world because now that they've out of their motorsport business and with Ralliart gone for good (well, some parts of the world had), performance is no longer part of the Mitsubishi Motors timeshare.

Now that the Evo is on its last legs, guess I had no choice but to fulfill its dying wish here in Forza Horizon 2 on my XBOX One gaming console.

evo (2)

The Evo X is, well according to one theory, named the final Lancer Evolution ever made, and while this itineration, which is based on the aging Galant Fortis (Lancer in the world market) saloon, may be over half a decade old when it was launched in Japan since 2007, there's still a lot of love for this old-timer, even when Subaru's downing this car for the count with their latest WRX STi (which so far, Turn 10 haven't feature it on FH2 until further notice). With features such as S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control), 6-speed TC-SST, 4B11 MIVEC engine, and other unique features, the Lancer Evolution X is an Evo that loves to fight till its last breath.

evo (3)

To prepare for the Evo's final days on planet earth before Mitsubishi Motors closes the saga of every speedo boys' favorite, I gave it some minor improvements before getting ready for the championship I've signed up for this car. See those HKS logos I've planted on the Evo's body? I've made them myself.

I took this one on a road trip to remember...



...and then I took this Evo on the championship I've signed up for. The events I've signed up for this car are all set in France's Sisteron and because it was classified as a Modern Rally car, it will be facing punishing road conditions even during cross-country events but since the Evo's been through tough times, I'm sure it will have some fighting chance.



I've finally fulfilled the Evo's one last wish; to race like what other Evos do during their glory days, and while the Evo's dying wish came true, I still have a few championships left before the finale on FH2 so it's time to head back home and lay plans. See you soon!

No comments: