Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Forza Horizon 2 - Barn Find #05: Jaguar XK120

During my progress at the hot hatch championship where me and my Renault Clio RS 200 EDC are taking part of, I've received a barn find rumor about an abandoned Jaguar hidden somewhere in the Northern part of Italy's San Giovanni.

barnfind_1

As I ventured through North San Giovanni, I have discovered that the barn find in question is located over 300 yards near the North San Giovanni speed trap or 2.7 miles from the Montellino Horizon Hub. I'm on my way to retrieve the legendary XK120.



Well, I know what happens next. After retrieval, wait until a notification is flashed on the screen saying that the barn find I found was restored. After that, I rushed to the nearest Horizon hub to claim it.

xk120

Before the big aces like the F40, the McLaren F1, and the Bugatti Veyron were born, this Jag was the original ace of aces. Why? This post-war Jag hailed as the world's fastest car when it was launched in 1948. Top speed is 120 mph (193 km/h) of top speed, which in 1948, hailed as the fastest car in the world courtesy of its 3.4L DOHC Straight-6 engine that generates 160 bhp (119 kW; 162 PS) @ 5000 rpm of power.

This model is the SE and this XK120 features wire wheels, increased power, stiffer suspension and dual exhaust system. Therefore, the SE model produces 180 bhp (134 kW; 182 PS) or the one I have comes with the improved 3.4L engine that churns out 210 bhp (157 kW; 213 PS) of power.

I got the chance to drive this legendary Jaguar because to me, the XK120 is a worthy ancestor to the world's fastest cars including the Ferrari F40, the McLaren F1, and of course, the Bugatti Veyron. Make sure you treat this legend with the respect it deserves when you had one, got it? Anyway, like I was saying...

WHAT?! Another barn find? There's still more of it all over Europe? Well, to make things worse, I've received two barn find rumors earlier! There's so many classics that need to be rescued but let's scramble for later to find some barn finds. Although I'm still in a championship and my Clio needs me, it might be best to focus with the search ops for the barn finds while worrying with the championship progress later.

No comments: