Saturday, January 25, 2014

Facing with the enemy...


Earlier, I got myself a package of some stuff I ordered from the internet. I wonder what is it? Let's open it!



After opening package, the one that I ordered from the internet was...oh my gosh...




In an unexpected series of events, I have just bought myself a 1/18th scale model of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, my most hatred car in the history probably because...well, you know the background.

To recall, I developed my strong hatred to this car ever since NAMCO didn't put Punkish Gothic on the PS3 version of THE iDOLM@STER 2 and Top Gear was revoked from Gran Turismo 6. It all seems clear now why I don't like this to be appeared in any other games because like I said, it's a Gran Turismo-exclusive car and best to back off. I had a lot of negative arguments from it and the community just doesn't agree to me probably because of the licensing issues. Hey, with Forza Motorsport 5's February DLC Pack is approaching, the risk of seeing the C7 Corvette in the list is...I'm guessing 1-to-10 because Forza faithfuls, who turned out to be traitors and spent their time to the Gran Turismo side, demanded for this car to be here. Who cares about it? I just don't want Turn 10 Studios, the staff behind Forza, to steal this car or else, this is going to be a declaration of war...of the two racing games.

I had just one question; if Turn 10 ever managed to put the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7), which has exclusive licensing with Gran Turismo (and since it's GT6's cover car), should Sony sue them for unfair competition? Remember, Turn 10 stole stuff from Gran Turismo like the Spa-Francorchamps track, Caterham, KTM X-Bow, and other Gran Turismo stuff that shouldn't be on Forza in the first place. It's a criss-cross scenario. Steal one from your enemy and your enemy will steal yours. Only time will tell whether they're going to commit the biggest crime in the racing video game genre history or not and I have my fingers crossed that such the inevitable won't happen during the revelation of Forza 5's February DLC Pack.

Oh yeah, the recently revealed 2015 C7 Z06 and the C7.R? Back off video game makers. The C7 Corvette's still got Gran Turismo exclusive licensing and they'll show up on future installments of the Gran Turismo franchise. You have been warned.


Anyway, let's not talk about the inevitable conspiracy. Let's talk about my latest addition to my toy car collection...



Judging by the way it looks 18 times smaller than the real thing, it's still looks magnificent in every angle!



And when you open the hood, the doors, and the liftgate, you are mostly welcome that this toy car opens its doors like the real thing.


Must be the 6.2L LT1 V8 engine developing about 450HP of power in the real world.



Having checking out through the detailing inside and out, the C7 Corvette toy car looks well-done, a bit 98% accurate to the real model, and as a collector's item, it's quite an investment to keep for generations to come.




Although I'm very glad I got a toy car 18-times smaller than the real C7 Corvette, I still want something more to do with it. Something to add some twist to my latest addition to my collection, do you know what I mean? Well, I have something up in my sleeve but what should I do with it? You'll find out soon in the not-too-distant future, giving you some free time to argue and guess what I'm gonna do with it but in the meantime, best to keep it for a few moments before my Brainiac instincts came up with the answer to this question.

No comments: