Monday, January 21, 2013

Opel/Vauxhall ADAM

ADAM&YOU. Ein Auto. Tausend Möglichkeiten.

When anyone think about the name "Adam Opel", it is sure know that he's one of the legendary faces in the automobile history because he's the man responsible for founding the Opel carmaker in Russelsheim, Germany. For this car though...ADAM...Opel ADAM...this is kinda like the name that when Ferrari called their car after the founder, Enzo Ferrari, a couple of years ago. But not as Enzo as its sounds you know...And by the looks of it, it's a bit misleading for a car to give a manly name.

2013 Opel ADAM

2013 Opel ADAM interior
2013 Vauxhall ADAM

2013 Vauxhall ADAM interior
I mean look at it...not as manly as it looks. It kinda looks like a modern Fiat 500, which served as its target for the new ADAM. Anyway, perhaps this car should have called EVE. Get it? Because this car's made for girls who love to spend their shopping mall money buying blouses, Prada bags, cowboy boots, or anything that makes them fashionable. This is the kind of city car targeted for those who want to be fashionistas and if girls are taking this cute city car for a spin, my oh my, guess how much trouble will be doing when this premium stylish city car is handed to shopping mall-loving girls in their 20's....Posh? I don't think so, perhaps this would be quite a thrill when they got chased by bad boys in hundred-thousand euro exotic in shopping centers and I don't mean that spitefully.

Because it's so little and the wide is much more than the modern Fiat 500, the only thing you can fit through is when you see a gap between the plant and the walls of the mall, something that a supercar can't fit through. Move over, Fat Albert! Am I making it sensible or is it just me? Sorry about that but anyway, let's make it serious about this Opel ADAM but to do that, I have to be in the mind of a normal 20-ish girl who has the keys to this car...

First, I have the key, then I get inside, slide the key, turn it on, shift the gear to first, gently step the accelerator pedal, turn left away from home and then I'm off. This is where ADAM and I are going somewhere...

Suppose that I wanna listen something to some FM radio like for instance Tambayan 101.9 or Home Radio or Crossover FM, I turned on ADAM's radio, well that is a standard feature but if I was in a more expensive model, I have a feature that is somewhat similar to General Motors' MyLink but this is what they called IntelliLink. It's the first for this Opel and it brings content from the smartphone (either iOS or Android alike) onto the seven-inch, high resolution, full color touch-screen display. Looks convenient though and you can connect it via USB or Bluetooth. I like Bluetooth better because wireless connectivity brings the future through us. He he he he.... Personal experience, though....

2013 Vauxhall ADAM

2013 Opel ADAM
After hours of fiddling with the audio system or with the navigation, it was time for me to park this car and then I'll start shopping at my favorite mall. Time to do my favorite thing in my favorite place but parking is the least favorite for me but not to worry about it because it's the first to come with Advanced Park Assist II. At the push of the button, the dashboard tells them when they reach a parking space large enough to accommodate the car. This system does the steering, you'll do with the brakes, clutch, and the transmission. Wait a minute...this isn't convenient though, not as convenient as the Ford Focus' parking style, well you know, the thing that parks itself...

Hours later after my shopping gig, it was time for me to head home. Let me tell you something about how it performs because for the ADAM, available engine choices were either a 1.2 ecoFLEX (A12XEL) engine that produces a modest 70PS of power, 1.4L ecoFLEX (A14XEL) engine that produces 87PS of power, and the 1.4L ecoFLEX (A14XER) engine that produces 100PS of power, all mated with a standard 5-speed manual transmission, which is the only transmission offered in this city car. While most of these engines are Euro 5 Compliant, the most fuel efficient was the one with the A12XEL engine on it because the fuel economy will get me up to 20kmpl combined. That seems fine but there's a general rule about fuel economy figures. Remember the EPA fuel economy fiasco by the Hyundai-Kia group? Yep, that was a totally different story but one word of caution though is this...DRIVING STYLES AFFECT FUEL ECONOMY FIGURES. That's a top tip you should remember though. Your driving style differs fuel economy. I felt disappointed to the guy who owns a Kia Morning complaining to the Kia booth at last year's Auto Focus Motorshow & Auto Expo at the Mall of Asia concert grounds. Oh well, long story short...

Moments later, home sweet home. And it's 5:00 PM sharp, it's almost dark here and here's a quick sum up on the ADAM. It maybe just a car made for those who have an urban lifestyle, especially girls who want to spend so much hours at malls but in terms of handling, it's not too shabby but it's a bit half-baked. Just like the souffle though, this car was too beautiful to live. Thing is though, this car has some personalization for first-time buyers. You can either JAM, GLAM, or SLAM it depending on your personal preferences but that's just a fashionista's car for the serious fashionistas from malls. You can't just take it on the nightclub or to the five-star restaurant because if you do, people will notice that you'll be the other John. Did you hear about our John? Our John's a gay man now. Ha ha ha ha....Even years goes by, this 'Our John's a gay man' joke still got it but you'll never gonna getaway with anything while driving this car...End of discussion. Babu!!! I'm getting late for my parlor game...at the beauty parlor...

PRICE LIST:

Ope ADAM price list

No comments: