Sunday, December 9, 2012

GT5 C7 Corvette Testing...how fast is this? Spoilers...

Straight-line performance is the next lesson...

Last time, I've downloaded the free C7 Corvette Test Prototype for the Gran Turismo 5 video game on PS3 and I want to conduct series of brainy experiments to see if Chevrolet's trying to reinvent its next generation Corvette until the grand unveiling at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit, Michigan. I've tried beating the time set by The Stig in the Corvette C6 ZR1 from Top Gear and barely nailed it by three attempts. Now, the science lab continues and this time it's the straight line performance...

Most forum-goers often start asking...how fast is the C7 Corvette with the LT1 V8 engine on it? I'm afraid that I'm going to use the good old River Song catchphrase here....SPOILERS I meant to say it...but rumors say that the 0-100kph time for the C7 Corvette with the said engine will do about under four seconds. All the details remain SPOILERS for now but since this is Gran Turismo 5, I decided to use the Speed Test mode to predict its straight line performance according to me...

Photo: How fast is the C7 Corvette? Spoilers... #corvette #one13thirteen @corvette
My predictions for the C7 Corvette's
straight line performance

My prediction was that while some say that the C7 Corvette powered by a 6.2L V8 LT1 engine on the front can do 0-100kph in under four seconds, a possible top speed would be about 318kph or in the eyes of Englishmen would say 198mph. 198mph...hmmm...this predicted top speed could be somewhat on the edge of Ferrari territory perhaps? I think not...or could be because I'm not one of Chevrolet's or from the Corvette camp.

As told, the C7 Corvette's straight-line performance remains CONFIDENTIAL and TOP SECRET for know and the experiment I've conducted on GT5 is just only a prediction of what the C7's straight line performance will be. Besides, I'm still not giving up doing some science lessons on the upcoming C7 Corvette...

No comments: