Monday, April 30, 2012

Welcome Back: 1995 Ferrari F50

Ferrari F50 at the Top Gear Studio


As I'm sure you know, this is the Ferrari F50, a Ferrari which I really don't like. I really don't like the way Ferrari putted a V12 engine derived from the 1992 Ferrari F1 car. I really don't like the design. I really don't like its interior. I really don't like its driving feel. And I really don't like the way how did Ferrari made this a follow-up to the F40.

I dislike the F50 so much that in my kindergarten years when I had a Ferrari F50 diecast model in my toy box, I went into considerable lengths to destroy one. Think of it like um...you watched Jeremy Clarkson's VHS titled The Most Outrageous Jeremy Clarkson Video Ever in one part where Jeremy Clarkson (when he was young and he has afro hair) tries to kill the Porsche 911 by any means necessary or in one episode of Top Gear about "Killing a Toyota" that left it completely operational despite numerous beatings from crashes, nature, or even demolitions.

Over the years, when the Ferrari F50 was featured in numerous video games, even Forza, my attitude was softened. I started to respect the quality and engineering, I started to enjoy the driving sensation, and then in Forza Motorsport 4, I was one step ahead. I drove the F50 and I like it. I like the car's downforce, I like the sound of the V12 engine roaring, I like the way Ferrari spend money where it matters when it comes to developing the F50, and I like its rarity because over three hundred units were made from 1995 to 1997. Out of them, the Rosso Corsa was proven to be a popular color for the F50. I kinda agree to that.

There is a bit of a lesson there; We started life as hating other cars but as we grew up, we started to liking them, even when playing with them on video games, especially Forza Motorsport 4. Like me, I started to hate the F50 when I was little but as I grew up, I started to respect the F50's credentials.

The Ferrari F50 returned on Forza Motorsport 4 and it's part of the game's Autovista feature where you will learn most about the F50 or hear Jeremy Clarkson's comment about this...

No comments: