Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Welcome Back: 2011 McLaren MP4-12C

MP4-12C meets the Red Bull Mini Cooper


This is the fax machine you're seeing in your mirrors. Although, that may sound like a fax machine, it has proven to be better than the Ferrari 458 Italia. Not only that, it set an astonishing lap time of 1:16.2 at the Top Gear Test Track because it was developed for this track. To make James May's "wasn't developed at the Nurburgring" dialog wrong, it set the Nurburgring lap time of 7:28, eclipsing the likes of cars such as the Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggg (my apologies for the spelling, those Top Gear wazzocks done that) CCX, RUF RT12, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Corvette ZR1, Lexus LFA, and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. All we know is it's called the McLaren MP4-12C and I'm glad that this car is back on Forza Motorsport 4 and it hasn't changed a bit since the last one.

Sadly, when I first pitted the MP4-12C round the Top Gear Test Track, with the performance index of S700, it seems that my fax machine couldn't achieve the Power Lap Time of 1:16.2 even though I tweaked my suspension settings. So far, my personal best on this car is 1:17.2, but who cares? It's still a great car.

No comments: