Saturday, January 14, 2012

Turby - An unfamiliar looking Hyundai...

If you spend hours playing Gran Turismo 5, chances are that when you stop by the Used Car dealer, chances are that you'll see a Hyundai that is somewhat not familiar with unless if you're playing in South Korea. That car is the Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence. Uh, I don't know what car is this, I really don't know what car is this, no one knows what car is this, I don't want to know because this is a Hyundai and Hyundai has a very low reputation on sports cars.

Stig and Turby

Codenamed RD2 and nicknamed by most Korean enthusiasts as "Turby" the Tiburon Turbulence is the updated version of the Tiburon sports car that was launched in 1996. Launched in 1999, the Tiburon Turbulence features a hideous looking front view that is somewhat SERIOUSLY UNCOOL for me, a well-sculpted side view, and an improved rear view to make it more genuine. That car bugged me for no reasons but I think this is one of the most memorable sports cars ever made by Hyundai.

Nighttime Turbulence

Under the hood, the Tiburon Turbulence is powered by a Beta 2.0L engine, producing 142PS of power and 180Nm of torque. Here in Gran Turismo 5, it's all crap for me to drive the Tiburon Turbulence. For an FF car, I can often resort myself with a little Scandinavian Flick to cut through corners but that alone wasn't worth it.

It looks perfect at nighttime

I should have tell you that why did this car listed as a Standard Tier car is because it was already featured in the Gran Turismo PSP game for sure and still, this car is a good value for money. In Gran Turismo 5, it's hard to decide if the Turby is the right addition to your car collection or it's just another pointless bone-shaking racing car.

Bright lights and the Tiburon Turbulence

Imagine myself, if there is such thing as a used Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence for sale in the Philippines (think Davao, Cebu, CEZA, Subic, or others), I guess I want to try that car but no, I can't buy that load of crud on the road! Even though the Tiburon Turbulence is pointed to be worthless, the replacement, the Tuscani made it even worse! I just don't want one...

No comments: