Wednesday, September 21, 2011

IS FACTS 開発へのこだわり - Vol. 06

In honor of IS (Infinite Stratos) DVD & Blu-Ray final volume's release...

IS (Infinite Stratos) Blu-Ray Final Volume

Our guests will be the main IS girls (or as we say it, アイエス・ガール) such as Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Charlotte, and Laura. As a matter of fact, this is the final volume of the IS DVD and BD range so let's wrap it up something special. Besides, it's all about language, connection, and intelligence but that's nothing, a hybrid of "mech" and "bishoujo" is that's what "IS" is all about. Let's take this finale something special.

I shall be the Lexus IS (for this I'll be the TRD LEXUS IS F CIRCUIT CLUB SPORT) and I'll interview one IS gal at the time from Rin, Cecilia, Charles, Laura, and Houki. Perhaps, they'll should start asking now. Think of it like AutocOne's JOY×女医 ~新型車、診察しちゃうぞ!~, only different.

Location: Shanghai International Circuit (上海国际赛车场)

Fan Rinin

...as we approach at the first corner...

Lexus IS: So, your name is Rin right? Fan Rinin or Huang Ling Yin? Should I call you Rin just for sake?

Rin: (Hysterically) How did you know mine? Wow! When I first taking a seat at something they call it "IS" but I got confused for calling it Infinite Stratos. Are you some kind of...car?

Lexus IS: That's right. And thanks for calling me that because that's how "IS" stands for, Rin. Excuse me as we're taking on the sixth corner of this track.

Rin: WHOA!

... as the IS corners through the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth corner of the track...

Lexus IS: Rin, hold on tight! We're cornering through the 11th and 12th corner of the track!

...as the IS corners, we can see a big smile on Rin's face!
Rin: You're amazing! You kinda remind me of Ichika!

Lexus IS: Yeah, right, besides, if Ichika was there, he would explain more about this.

Rin: Like what?

Lexus IS: Never mind. Just to tell you that you are the nicest person I have ever let you sitting in the driver seat of the IS. If you were on my steering wheel, you would have called me a...

Rin: Shenlong? Yes! Yes I know! (Kissing the steering wheel)

Lexus IS: Hey! Wha-?! What are you doing?

Rin: You're the best! I want to see more of you!

Lexus IS: Can you please calm down Fan Rinin? We're almost at the finish line!

...and that concludes it. Let's move on to the United Kingdom.

Location: Silverstone Circuit (The Grand Prix Circuit)

Cecilia Alcott

...as we get through the starting line...

Cecilia: You remind me of my Blue Tears...and also Ichika. Are you...my IS?

Lexus IS: Yes, Cecilia Alcott. Yes I am. For an English woman like you, I appreciated your charm and wit not only because you have something special, it is because...ugh I can't explain it.

Cecilia: What? Oh come on! When I sat through your beautiful leather seat, I never felt this kind of reaction before because this says "IS". It was like what is it? Is this the Infinite Stratos?

Lexus IS: Cecilia, please. Stop confusing me. Hold on as we corner through the Farm Curve to the Village Corner of the track.

...the Lexus IS manages to corners through the Farm Curve to the Village Corner of the Silverstone GP but Cecilia seems to be unhappy.

Lexus IS: Why are you still unhappy, Cecilia?

Cecilia: As far as I know, this is not the IS I know!

Lexus IS: Oh, really?

...Cecilia was shocked when the Lexus IS cornered through the Luffield Corner and went straight through the Woodcote Corner. By the time we crossed Copse Corner, Cecilia had a smile on her face and started to get excited.

Cecilia: (Laugh) WOW! You really are an amazing piece of machine! All these moments is like I'm spending time with Ichika but you, you may be a machine but I had a lot of respect for you!

Lexus IS: Cecilia., knock it off. You making me blush...

...and for the real excitement, the Lexus IS cornered through the Maggotts Corner, Becketts Corner and the Chapel Curve until we made it to the finish line.

Cecilia: You're starting to like me! I like you! You know what, we're not such bad partners at all! You made me complete after you went past through the difficult corners. What's your secret?

Lexus IS: I have no secrets. Probably thanks to the engineers who made me a better suspension. I may have flaws but thanks to you, I'm glad you find me to be enjoyable.

Cecilia: Yes I know! Should I start to kiss you for a while?

Lexus IS: Wait, what? Cecilia what are you doing! Hey! Wait! Stop it!

... okay that concludes it. Let's go to Le Mans...

Location: Circuit De La Sarthe (Circuit des 24 Heures)

Charlotte "Charles" Dunois

... as we went through the starting line, we find her getting nervous as the Lexus IS maneuvers through the first corner. Even through the Lexus IS cornered through distant gaps, she's still a little bit nervous.

Charlotte: Um, are you some kind of a...car?

Lexus IS: Don't be shy Charlotte. Of course I am. Why would you expect that this car has the name "IS" on it?

Charlotte: I thought you remind me more of my IS, the Rafale Revive Custom II, but you're a bit different.

Lexus IS: Yes, I maybe different than your IS you used but you want me to see the different side of me?

...and now, the Lexus IS pushes through the Mulsanne Straight, readying for its top speed attempt. Charlotte got startled upon the Lexus IS' top speed.

Charlotte: WHAT ARE YOU DOING! PLEASE STOP IT! YOU'RE SCARING ME!

...the Lexus IS cornered through the chicane and after that, it went back, pushing its top speed to the max! Charlotte got panicked!

Charlotte: WAAAHHHH!!!! NO!!!!

...after such top speed, it went through the second chicane and after that, back for some top speed madness! Charlotte couldn't keep up!

Charlotte: NO!!!! WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS?!

Lexus IS: Because...I am...your IS! I am your very own Rafale Revive Custom II!

Charlotte: THAT CAN'T BE!!!

...as we went through the end of the Mulsanne Straight, Charlotte questioned.

Charlotte: So you were my Rafale Revive Custom II? That's impossible! As far as I know, you are some kind of an insane machine!

Lexus IS: Sorry if you had to call me an "insane machine" but look around the cup holders. I have something special for you.

Charlotte: Cafe au lait? Wow! My favorite! You know what? I'm sorry if I had to call you an insane machine. You must be very generous to me, kinda like Ichika.

Lexus IS: Really? Besides, that coffee someone made it must be Ichika. He must have made this whole cafe au lait for you. Why don't you taste it?

...as we went through the Arnage corner, Charlotte took a sip of cafe au lait. Charlotte seems to be happy when she didn't realize that this cafe au lait was superbly delicious! We can see Charlotte smiling.

Charlotte: This cafe au lait tastes delicious! I would never realize how gentle you are not only because you are fast but because you are somewhat special to me!

Lexus IS: As I said, I am special indeed.

Charlotte: You know what, I guess you're not such a mean machine after all.

Lexus IS: Indeed I am not. Okay Charlotte, hold steady because here comes the finish line.

...and so, we went through the finish line...

Charlotte: Thanks for cheering me up. As of now, you are my IS now. I'm glad we've met each other as friends.

Lexus IS: You're welcome. If you need me Charlotte, feel free to get inside.

...and that concludes it. Ready for the Ring?

Location: Nurburgring (Nordschleife)


Laura Bodewig

Before Laura gets inside the Lexus IS, she asks this car some questions...

Laura: Is this the right venue? Are you my IS?

Lexus IS: You must be Laura Bodewig, right?

Laura: Indeed I am, who is this?

Lexus IS: I heard that was your codename given by the German military and you were a part of Schwarzer Hase (Black Rabbit).

Laura: Wait, how did you know all about me?

Lexus IS: Well, Miss Laura, why don't you sit inside my driver seat and see for yourself?

Laura: I don't know but okay, I'll seat through...the driver's seat. Ugh, I wonder who set up this bizarre venue and why would I have to get inside...a car that was called IS?

...Laura sits on the driver's seat and closes the door. This Lexus IS starts its 20.8km torture at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. After three minutes and still on the corners...

Laura: Well, I got to admit it, you're not such a bad machine after all. You remind me of my Schwarzer Roegen. You maybe tough like me, but I think you had a good side at all.

Lexus IS: What about you? Do you have...the lighter side of yourself?

Laura: Eh...What? I'm sorry. I don't really understand what you said.

Lexus IS: Oh come on. Last time, you got hit by some volley ball and then you said you never looked to be...

Laura: CUTE?!

...after a few minutes, with Laura got provoked, the Lexus IS cornered through the Carousel. After cornering through the carousel with Laura still got her head on fire after all of the teasing, it's off to the Wipperman to Brunnchen. While at the Pflanzgarten...

Laura: Who do you think you are? What exactly were you made of?!

Lexus IS: Laura, I am your Schwarzer Roegen. This IS is your IS, remember?

Laura: What? My IS? That's impossible, I would take granted by this...Japanese-made machine!

...at the Galgenkopf...

Lexus IS: Laura, are you ready to see what I can do next?

Laura: Like what?!

...it's off at the straight part of the Nordschleife, the Dottinger Hohe. Laura got shocked when she experience the top speed of the Lexus IS. With such top speed, she couldn't keep up until she say...

Laura: WHOA!

...at the end of the Dottinger Hohe, it went straight from the Antoniusbuche, Tiergarten, Hohenrain, until it went straight to the end of the lap. Laura asked...

Laura: (Panting) You must really be the Schwarzer Roegen I had. You really are an amazing machine. I would gladly take back everything I said about you.

Lexus IS: That's a nice way to say it, Laura.

Laura: I'm glad to meet up with the one-of-a-kind IS. So, what's next?

...and now, we'll wrap it up at Fuji...Speedway!

Location: Fuji Speedway (富士スピードウェイ)

Houki Shinonono

Houki Shinonono stops by at the Fuji Speedway's Pit Buildings. At some pit area at the Fuji Speedway, she met an elusive Lexus IS F CCS-R, waiting for her to get seated. Houki asked...

Houki: So, are you my IS? (I wonder what my sis is up to...)

Lexus IS: Houki Shinonono, right? Yes, I am the IS

Houki: But you don't look more like my IS, the Akatsubaki. Are you some kind of a...car? And why did you want me to meet at this...racetrack?

Lexus IS: (Sniff) Mmmmm...that's a nice smell from your hair. What shampoo are you using?

Houki: Eh? You can smell my hair? I'm not sure but that's TSUBAKI Shining shampoo with natural tsubaki oil.

Lexus IS: Tsubaki? More like...Akatsubaki! (Mmmm...)

Houki: What did you said?

Lexus IS: Never mind, get inside and you'll see how worthy I am to be called the Akatsubaki...

...Houki sits at the driver seat. The Lexus IS F CCS-R exits the pit building and races through the straight part of the Fuji Speedway...

Lexus IS: Hold steady Houki, this is going to be a long brake!

Houki: Wait what?!

...The first corner has been a test between Houki and the IS...

Houki: You're starting to scare me! What was that for?

Lexus IS: Ready for another?

Houki: Another what?! WHOA!

...with so many technical corners at the Fuji Speedway, Houki gets a little more tense. When they went through the chicane...

Houki: Hey, watch out!

...The Lexus IS F CCS-R braked through the chicane and turned right and left.  As they made it on the final corners of the Fuji Speedway...

Houki: I've never thought you were as sharp and cool as the Akatsubaki. How can you do all this?

Lexus IS: Because Houki, I am your Akatsubaki! But don't tell something to your sister, ok? It's just the both of us. Woman to machine, right?

Houki: Uh, okay. I'll never tell.

Lexus IS: Alright, let's go back to the pit building!

...The Lexus IS F CCS-R went back to the pit building. Houki exited the car and then...

Houki: Uh  hey. I just want to say, thank you for spending some time with me. If only Ichika was there, he wouldn't complain more about this wild ride.

Lexus IS: You think so? Look inside, I have something special for you...

Houki finds something special inside the Lexus IS F CCS-R...

Houki: WOW! Infinite Stratos BD Volume 6! Thank you so much!

Lexus IS: You're welcome!

...before she left...

Houki: Just one word, your interior does smell like my Tsubaki shampoo!

Lexus IS: Tee-hee!

About IS DVD & BD Vol. 6:

Houki: We would like to thank everyone who supported Infinite Stratos. We thanked those who've enjoyed watching the anime from January to March on TBS, supported our merchandise, collected five volumes of IS DVD or BD, and supported from the IS One-Off Festival.

Cecilia: And to that, we'll wrap you up with the final volume!

Rin: This DVD or Blu-Ray contains the last two episodes (episode 11 and 12) of the Infinite Stratos anime! They are loaded with audio commentary by Houki (Yoko Hikasa) and Cecilia (Yukana)!

Charlotte: That's not all! There is also a textless version of the ending as well!

Laura: For limited editions, there is a special booklet containing info about the IS and a special DVD called "RADIO IS ARCHIVES", containing the first three episodes of the Infinite Stratos Web Radio titled "RADIO IS", hosted by Yoko Hikasa as Houki Shinonono and Asami Shimoda as Fan Rinin.

Everyone: THANKS FOR WATCHING IS! SEE YOU SOON!

For English-speaking customers:



...and that concludes the special IS FACTS presentation regarding the IS (Infinite Stratos) DVD and Blu-Ray range. We would like to thank Toyota Motor Corporation president Akio Toyoda, Lexus IS chief engineer Junichi Furuyama, Lexus IS F chief designer Yukihiko Yaguchi, Lexus IS C engineer Keiichi Yoneda, IS author Izuru Yumizuru, director Yasuhito Kikuchi, character desginer Tomoyasu Kurashima, Lexus Manila president Danny Isla, the Project IS team, the employees at the Toyota plants at Tahara, Aichi prefecture and Miyakawa, Fukuoka prefecture, the Lexus owners clubs (especially the Lexus IS owners clubs), and the people behind Infinite Stratos! This wouldn't be done without them and this is going to be best "Lexus Fiction" to remember because it is the IS.

Until then, see you at the OVA! Bye!

No comments: