- President Rodrigo Duterte and Senator Leila de Lima were listed in TIME Magazine's top 100 most influential leader. Duterte was one of the 24 individuals in the list of leaders while De Lima's listed in the "Icons of the World".
- The Department of Defense Secretary, Delfin Lorenzana, personally went and inspect the disputed Pagasa Island alongside other military officials inspect the government facilities in the mentioned island that needed repair.
- The military warns that the tourist destination Palawan could become the next target for the Abu Sayyaf terrorists,
- Members of the activist group Common Cause are joining the Tax Marches from coast to coast on Saturday to demand the release of US President Donald Trump's tax returns.
- Fashion label Christian Dior launched its new Tokyo store with a fashion show in the rooftop gardens of a luxury mall, where models sported new looks from its creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri.
- Lotus unveiled an even more hardcore Exige Cup 380, which improves the previous Sport 380 with track-focused aerodynamics and handling improvements. It will be limited to 60 units and it is priced at 83,000 GBP.
- The Grandland X from Opel/Vauxhall has been unveiled, serving as the top-of-the-line crossover SUV of the Opel/Vauxhall lineup. It will make its world premiere at the 2017 IAA (International Motor Show) in Frankfurt.