- Former Senator Bongbong Marcos is asking the Supreme Court to disregard the counter-protest from Vice President Leni Robredo. Based on the Omnibus motion of Marcos’ camp to the Supreme Court, the former Senator said that the highest court should junk Robredo’s protest because the Vice President was not able to pay the protest fee on the given date.
- President Rodrigo Duterte is offering a million peso bounty to each of the seven remaining Abu Sayyaf members who are wanted in Bohol. After a security briefing at Tagbilaran City, the President made the proposition in order to immediately corner the members of the bandit group. He wants them either dead or alive.
- Magdalo Partylist Representative Gary Alejano wants the Philippines to file another protest against China after the latest bullying of alleged Chinese coast guards against some Filipino fishermen. The Chinese coast guard allegedly fired warning shots against the Filipino fishermen at the Union bank in the Spratlys, which is covered by the Philippines' Exclusive Economic Zone.
- A US-Russian space crew blasted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Thursday for a six-hour ride to the International Space Station. A Soyuz capsule carrying NASA astronaut Jack Fischer, 43, and Russian cosmonaut Fyodor Yurchikhin, 58, lifted off at 1:13 p.m. local time with a rare empty third seat. Russia is scaling back space station staffing until its long-delayed science laboratory is flown to the orbiting outpost next year.
- Numerous attacks in Southern Thailand that killed two people reflects tension over peace talks aimed at ending violence there, according to a monitoring group, warning against similar attacks in the future.
- Two Venezuelan students and a National Guard sergeant were killed during protests against President Nicolas Maduro, increasing turmoil in the volatile nation amid a devastating economic crisis.
- Billy Monger, a 17-year-old Formula 4 Driver, has lost both of his lower legs following an incident during a BTCC support race last weekend at Donington Park. Monger suffered fatal injuries after colliding with the rear of the stationary car of Patrik Pasma during the 6th round of the 2017 Formula 4 championship.
- Actress Rosamund Pike will play the role of war reporter Marie Colvin in an upcoming biopic.