- The Department of Justice charged Superintendent Rafael Dumlao III as the mastermind behind the kidnap-slay of Korean businessman Jee Ick Joo last year. Also included in the case are Jerry Omlang, who used to work for the National Bureau of Investigation, and Gerardo Santiago, owner of the funeral home in Caloocan City where the body of Jee was cremated and flushed at the toilet to avoid getting incriminated.
- The Supreme Court declares as final the acquittal of former president and Pampanga Representative Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in connection with her plunder case. With a vote of 11-4, the Court affirmed the ruling made on the 19th of July, last year, recognizing the Demurer to Evidence presented by the former president regarding the case filed against her at the Sandiganbayan.
- Former senator Jinggoy Estrada and President Rodrigo Duterte are invited to attend the birthday party of former president and now Manila city mayor Joseph Ejercito Estrada today at the Manila Hotel.
- Senator Grace Poe seeks the creation of the National Transport Safety board following the tragic bus accident in Nueva Ecija that killed over 30 people onboard.
- A gunman named Kori Ali Muhammad killed three white men in downtown Fresno, California, until he was arrested by authorities while shouting "Allahu Akhbar", according to police. Known by the nickname "Black Jesus", the suspect was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting last week of an unarmed security guard at a Motel 6 in Fresno, according to reports.
- Indonesians lined up on Wednesday to vote in an election to choose between a Muslim and a Christian candidate to govern the capital city Jakarta, after a bruising campaign marred by religious tensions in the capital of the world's third-largest democracy. This could be a close race between Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, the first Christian and ethnic Chinese leader, and former Anies Baswedan, a Muslim just like 85% of the city's population.
- The Mercedes-Benz S-Class range has been given a minor change for the 2018 model year with new tech, new features, and new engine ranges.
- Renault predicts what would a Formula One race be like in the next decade with this RS 2027 Vision Concept.
- Lexus's NX crossover has been given a minor change for the 2018 model year. The base NX200t model has now been renamed as the NX300 for this minor change.