- Two siblings from Cavite have been arrested by authorities following the extortion of the child to an American pedophile. According to reports, the two sisters started sending photos of nude children about three years ago and later were monitored by American authorities.
- Members of the militant group Kadamay have marched through Bocaue Hills to occupy some housing units there while it was barricaded by authorities. The militants wanted housing, not war. The Bocaue Hills housings are reserved for some members of AFP and PNP.
- Groups of employers expressed distrust over the Department Order 174 from DOLE that regulates contractualization, although some have favored it according to labour groups.
- The one-month waiting period for those would-be domestic workers who failed Competency Assessment tests has been removed by TESDA. Now, those who failed can retake it anytime.
- A 50-year old female in Las Pinas City was arrested for illegal recruitment.
- Residents are complaining over a hefty pile of garbage at Boracay Island.
- Sacked INC minister Angel Manalo and two others are transferred to Camp Bagong Diwa.
- Sony is ending shipments of their Playstation3 consoles.
- Canadian singer Shawn Mendes admits that "its more fun in the Philippines" during his visit.