- The current death toll from the Nepal quakeis recorded at 6,204 while 13,932 people were injured. According to the Red Cross, the towns and villages near the epicenter have suffered almost total devastation.
- UK Prime Minister David Cameronrejected 8 billion pounds in child benefit cuts, which the Democrats claimed the Tories had proposed in government, while facing tough questions alongside Ed Miliband from a Question Time audience over their economic plans int he final TV event of the campaign.
- The Pakistani court has sentenced the attackers who killed Nobel Peace Prize-winning activist Malala Yousafzaito life imprisonment. Yousafzai was shot to death three years ago in the northwestern part of Pakistan as she was returning home from school.
- It's been four decades since the end of the Vietnam War, which pitted between North Vietnam against the US-backed South Vietnam and ended with the fall of Saigon. Three thousand people including high-ranking officials have attended the ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon, and followed with a parade that featured Vietnamese troops and members of the nation's maritime police.
- Philippine President Benigno Aquino III claims that the government had done their very best to protect overseas Filipino workers in his Labor Day speech. He was praised for the delay of the execution of drug convict Mary Jane Veloso in Indonesia, but he was criticized for his actions to save Veloso and for neglecting the welfare of other OFWs who became victims of human and drug trafficking.
- 24 of the Dassault Rafalemultirole fighters will be sold by Qatar for 7.1 billion dollars under their agreement which includes MBDA missiles, a hundred mechanics, and training for 36 pilots.
- Explosions galore in this latest trailer for Mad Max Fury Road!
- Chevrolet's showcasing teasers for their next-generation Camaromuscle car.
Yes, these are the Leda clones as seen from the hit BBC America TV series, Orphan Black, and although they both have the same faces, not to mention the actress who played those clones, their personalities are different and thanks to our friends from HOT TOPIC, you can take home these Funko Pop vinyl figures of the Clone Club from the show.
Yes, these are available exclusively at Hot Topic for 12.50 US Dollars each plus tax, but I bought four of these "sestras" because, well, they really are the Clone Club after all and I do deserve a piece of Orphan Black in my home ever since I got into the Clone Club craze.
That's Sarah Manning, the main character of the TV show. Upon witnessing a horrible subway accident that killed a woman who turned out to be just like her, Sarah is on a deadly mission to uncover the truth behind her origins, even if it takes to keep her daughter Kira from the dangers that surround her. She knows the art of cloneswapping and she can disguise herself as one of the clones she encountered. Amazing.
This is Alison Hendrix and she is a housewife, a very desperate housewife who is not afraid to aim a firearm at you and also torturing backstabbing husbands with a glue gun. Remember that episode? Well, you get the idea but in the past, she tries to figure out what in the world her husband, Donnie, is up to, but things got spiralled out of control. Alison watched her neighbor Aynsley choked to death, Donnie accidentally killed Dr. Leeke of the Dyad Institute and hid his corpse under the garage of their home, now they're trying to hide from the world that they're alleged murderers.
That's Cosima Niehaus, the smart one who helped the Clone Club uncovering the truth about themselves. As every viewers knew, Cosima's more of a lesbian geek because of her relationship with a French woman who turned out to be one of Dyad's, Delphine Cormier, but despite her love affair, Cosima's fighting against a respiratory disease that threatens her life completely. Oh, and did I mention she can beat you in any board game you know?
Lastly, that's Helena, a merciless weapon of carnage who thinks she's the original but she's the identical twin of Sarah who was separated at birth and raised by Ukrainian nuns. Sarah thought she killed her at the end of the first season but she survived and later, she got abducted and pregnated by a religious cult known as the Proletheans. Upon escaping from them, the two sestras met each other again after killing one of Rachel Duncan's henchmen, but their hearts are starting to soften and Sarah will do everything to keep this vile woman safe from harm. Contrary to her violent nature, Helena's more of a glutton and she'll eat just about everything.
Anyway, that's all I can tell about my new favorite characters, but with these Pop vinyl figures modeled after them, it's great to know that you had a piece of Orphan Black in your collection. Having the entire Clone Club in your home is like you're keeping them as your property, your toy, your experiment, and your weapon. Property refers to Sarah, toy refers to Alison, experiment refers to Cosima, and weapon refers to Helena. Wouldn't it be nice to have the sestras together?
Like I said, these are available exclusively at Hot Topic for 12.50 US Dollars each plus tax and you can have a slice of your favorite Project Leda sestras from the show. Whether if you're as brave as Sarah, as desperate as Alison, as smart as Cosima, or as deadly as Helena, these are the ones to buy!
- Nepal quakesurvivors are becoming more stressful in rural parts of the quake-hit nation over the pace of relief efforts, with some heavily-damaged areas yet to receive any assistance. The UN appealed $415 million to help provide emergency relief over the next three months. Meanwhile, a teenage boy who spent five days trapped under rubble in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, was rescued. So far, the death toll exceeds 5,500.
- The Freddie Gray protestsoccurred in several parts of US cities with several people have been gathered in New York's Union Square, where police arrested at least 60 people. There's also rallies happening at Washington D.C., Boston, and Minneapolis as well. Freddie Gray is a black man who was killed by police brutality and shortly after his funeral sparked violent protests all over Baltimore last Monday.
- Moments after postponing the execution of drug convict Mary Jane Veloso, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administrationreiterated its warning against illegal recruitment, stressing the ties between underground businesses and drug syndicates.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has addressed the US Congress and pledges that his nation will do everything for the sake of world peace and stability.
- The first of the eighteen F-2 fighter bomber aircrafts from the Japan Air Self-Defense Forcethat was damaged by the March 11 disaster four years ago has been returned to service and the fully-repaired F-2, which is an F-16 built from an international collaboration, was flown to Misawa Air Base last week, where it will be joined by five other repaired F-2s, according to US Air Force officials.
- Heat index in the Philippines is expected to reach forty degrees celsius, PAGASA warns.
- Francois Michelin, the former director of the MichelinGroup and the grandson of Michelin co-founder Edouard Michelin, died at the age of 88.
- It has become of the longest of the PBA finals matches because of double overtime but the Talk 'N Text Textersemerged as the winner of the 2015 PBA Commissioner's Cup after defeating the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters at the score of 121-119.
- A group of young students trained by Skodato create a pickup concept based on the latest Fabia compact, which is set to appear at this year's GTi Meeting. They call it the Funstar.
Skoda Funstar Concept
- A teen boy by the name of Collin Burns have set the fastest time finishing a 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube puzzle in only 5.25 seconds. It's a new world record but how's that possible to solve such an uber-extreme puzzle?!
- Mary Jane Veloso, the Filipina on death row for drug offenses, was spared from the gruesome Indonesian death penalty that killed eight convicts. Those eight convicts that lost their lives in the execution sang the Christian hymn "Amazing Grace" before getting shot by the guards. Veloso, who was one of the convicts, was spared by the Indonesian leader Joko Widodo, and granted a temporary reprieve.
- Continuing on the Nepal quake, aid has begun in affected areas that were devastated by last week's M7.8 quake, and as relief efforts continue to approach Nepal, the UN says that their efforts are reaching through areas such as Dhading and Gorkha. Over five thousand lives died in the quake while survivors are desperate for essential supplies.
- US President Barrack Obama and Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe hold a summit meeting in Washington, reaffirming their partnership that will play a crucial role for world peace. They also welcomed the progress made in bilateral negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership and agreed to collaborate for an early conclusion.
- The Court of Appeals ordered the arrest of Jeane Napoles, the daughter of the pork barrel queen Janet Lim Napoles, for failure to attend her bail hearing.
- MMA fighter Jon Jones has his UFC light heavyweight title stripped off and suspended indefinitely following his arrest in New Mexico on a hit-and-run that injured a pregnant woman with a broken arm. In the 26th of April, Jon Jones won the title against Daniel Cormier in Las Vegas but now, the UFC announced penalties for violations of its code of conduct policy following Jones' latest arrest.
- As the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight draws near, Manny Pacquiao's training gets even more fiercer than ever during his arrival at Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Floyd Mayweather Jr. makes his big appearance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena with a verbal jab against Pacman for not being present in the launch of their ultimate battle. Instead of Pacman being present at the MGM Grand, he was rallying the fans at Mandalay Bay.
- Ghost Pokemon Gengar is ready for the next battle in the latest clip for the upcoming Pokken Tournament, an arcade game from the creators of Tekken and Soul series, which is set to arrive at Japanese arcade stands this summer!
- The new Ford Mustang GT350will have a limited total run of 137 units for the 2015 model year to celebrate the Shelby Mustang's 50th birthday. 100 for the normal GT350, 37 for the hardcore GT350R version.
2016 Ford Mustang GT350
- Because the new Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06 is more of a road-legal version of the C7.R racing machine, Chevrolet launched a special C7.R Edition model which features cues from the said racecar. It uses the Z07 Performance Pack as its basis for the model and it will be limited to 500 units.
Now, in last week's episode of Orphan Black, Helena, who was abducted by soldiers, was subjected to a lie-detector test, until she gets distracted on the "mangoes" part. Even the scorpion Helena called it Pupok got sucked into the "mango" part. "Where are these mangoes? I would like to see these mangoes."
Mangoes are one of the world's most popular fruits and they were first grown in India over five millenniums ago. The mango seeds have been traveled through parts of the world and legend has it that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree. Anyway, we're not turning this into a science lesson but not all mangoes are created equal. There are numerous selection of mangoes to choose from and for the fun of it, mangoes can spawn numerous recipes of your choosing.
Just before Helena and the scorpion named Pupok start asking where are the mangoes and want one, here are some delicious mango recipes suitable enough for your next Orphan Black viewing party at home with your mates. There are so many mango-related recipes to choose from but I decided to pick some of the best ones.
1) Mango Salsa
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno
1/3 cup diced red onion
1 tbsp lime juice
1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
This recipe takes five minutes to prepare and it serves up to 4 to 6 servings.
First, combine the mango, cucumber, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro leaves, then mix them well.
This recipe takes about thirty minutes and it serves up to 10 people.
To begin, stir together the brown sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Let it boil, then pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the garlic chili sauce and lime juice to create a dressing.
Then, toss together the chicken, mangoes, and avocados in a large bowl. After this, arrange the spring salad mix on serving plates, then top it with a few chicken mixture. Pour the dressing at the top of the salad.
This recipe takes 2 hours and 40 minutes and it serves up to 8 people
First, sprinkle the gelatin over water in a small bowl, then let it stand until softened by about a minute. Microwave it on High, uncovered, by about 10 to 20 seconds until the gelatin completely dissolved but the liquid is not boiling.
Place the mango in the food blender, if you have one, and process it until it becomes smooth. Push through a very fine sieve into a large measuring cup until you have 2 cups puree. Whisk the puree, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the softened gelatine mixture until well combined.
Lightly coat eight 6-to-10 ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Divide the pudding among the ramekins and refrigerate by about two hours..
To serve, run a knife around the inside of each ramekin to loosen the pudding. Then, dip the bottom of the ramekin in hot water for around 30 to 40 seconds, then invert onto a serving plate.
1 head of butter lettuce, rinsed, leaves separated
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, and it serves from four to eight people.
First, place the ground chicken, soy sauce, and the corn starch in a large bowl, then mix to combine.
Then, heat a wok or a large saute pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil, green onions, and sliced shiitake mushrooms. Let cook for a minute.
Increase the heat to high, and add the ground chicken, soy sauce, and the corn starch mixture. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground chicken and spread around the pan. Stir fry for around 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil, and diced mangoes. Remove from heat, and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Scoop spoonfuls into the lettuce-formed cups to serve.
These are the best mango recipes I can look up for now but just imagine if Alison cooked those for us all. That would be so delicious but for those mango recipes, you can't go wrong with them even if you're watching another Orphan Black episode with your mates!
Enjoy these delicious mango recipes before Helena and Pupok come finding for these!
- So far, the death toll from the Nepal Quakeis now up to about 4,310 while almost eight thousand have been wounded. According to the United Nations, over eight million people have been affected by the worst quake in eight decades and 1.4 million are in need of food aid.
- The US city of Baltimorehas been placed on a state of emergency following violent protests linked to the death of a black man named Freddy Gray, who was fatally injured in police custody. A week-long curfew has been announced and over five thousand National Guard troops could be deployed.
- Last night, South Korean president Park Geun-hye has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo, who is suspected of corruption charges. However, she's facing tougher scenarios when it comes to choosing a successor, despite criticisms over a series of wrong decisions.
- ASEANleaders are pushing their code of conduct to address the ongoing territorial disputes in the South China Sea as the People's Republic of China presses on with land reclamation work around the Spratly Islands.
- The captain of the doomed Sewol ferry, named Lee Joon-seok, was sentenced to life imprisonment by a South Korean appellate court. It's harsher than the November verdict that sentenced him to 36 years in prison for negligence and abandoning passengers in need because they've convicted him on homicide charges in the ruling.
- It's sadly official, ladies and gents. Next Silent Hillgame, which would be starring TWD's Norman Reedus in it, is a no-go. It's just been confirmed by Konami, which recently announced their delisting from the American stock exchanges.
- The Argentine judge dismissed charges on sacked Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarksonover the controversial plate as seen from last year's Patagonia Special, but calls it arrogant and disrespectful.
- Eat Bulaga presenter Ruby Rodriguezis more than welcome to allow her daughter, Toni Aquino, to go on showbiz. In the past, Ruby didn't allow her daughter to go showbizness because she wants her to finish her studies first.
- A fresh batch of trailers from the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Descendants, finally stroke fear into our view. Check them out!
Aired in BBC Three last 2013, In The Flesh is a BAFTA award winning zombie drama series that caused quite a sensation by giving a new twist in the ever popular genre. It revolves on the life of a young man named Kieren Walker, a victim of the Partially Deceased Syndrome, as he struggles his second chance of life as one of the undead. With a dark atmosphere, a darker cast of characters, sensible storyline, and its Britishness, In The Flesh has been one of the best TV shows of the decade despite the very small episode listings per season.
The original soundtrack of the hit BBC Three TV series has arrived and it covers the first two seasons of the phenomenal zombie drama series. The show's BGM was crafted by the brilliant Edmund Butt, whose works involved in numerous movies and TV programmes over his 15 year career, including The Survivors, Ashes To Ashes, Mistresses, and many more. Also, the latter tracks of this soundtrack were performed by Keaton Henson, lending his voice that suits him very well to the show's theme.
It's now available to order for only 8.99 Pounds for the CD Album while the download version costs a pound less than the physical CD album. This is a must have for those who've enjoyed watching In The Flesh and wanted to know what's like to be like one of the PDS victims.
- The death toll from the Nepal quake,as of now, is now recorded to at least 3,218 people, according to officials while another 6,500 people have been injured. Dozens of people are reportedly dead in neighboring China and India.
- The Calbucovolcano is starting to weaken but remains unstable. Chilean authorities warned of incoming eruptions as this Chilean volcano erupted twice last week. Meanwhile, most Chilean and neighboring Argentinian airports have been reopened. Over 6,000 people living close to the volcano have been evacuated.
- The families of Japanese citizens abducted by North Koreaheld a rally in Tokyo on Sunday to renew their calls for better efforts to bring them back.
- According to the peace council of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, the proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law was "overwhelmingly acceptable" and "constitutional" having managed to submit its report to the House of Representatives on Monday.
- Due to the ongoing power struggle at Volkswagen Group, longtime chairman of Volkswagen, Ferdinand Piech, steps down from his position after failing to get rid of Martin Winterkorn, VW CEO. His resignation could spell a major impact to Germany's biggest car manufacturer.
- Check out the new Batmobile for the upcoming Batman v Superman movie!
- Things don't go well from Konami as Hideo Kojima's "P.T" demo game, which served as the basis for the next Silent Hill game which stars TWD actor Norman Reedus in it, will have its distribution ended on April 29th. Reedus reacted to reports about its possible cancellation.
- Kids in Japan, tell your parents! There's a Pokemon-themed exhibit happening at the Miraikan science museum in Odaiba, Tokyo, where you will study the scientific principles of Pokemon and you can get a chance to become a Pokemon professor too! It opens this 8th of July in Miraikan's 1st Floor Special Exhibit Zone and tickets can be reserved at 7-Eleven, Ticketpia, e+, CN Play Guide, and JTB. Ticket preorders costs 300 yen for kids up to 1,600 yen for adults. Another great way for the Japanese families to spend their summer vacation, eh?
- Pacific Rimsequel film's schedule was pushed through its Summer 2017 release.
- TV personality Kris Aquinowas partly to blame for ABS-CBN axing its long-time showbiz program The Buzz after its 16-year run. The last episode of The Buzz was aired last April 5th, shocked many viewers.
- Actor and musician Janno Gibbsleaves GMA Network and is reportedly transferring to TV5 to join with Ogie Alcasid.
- What is Dubsmash? Since it has been all the rage right now, let's talk more about the 'it" trend of 2015. Dubsmash is a smartphone app where users search for their favorite recorded sounds and then lip-synch it to their heart's content. There over 20,000,000 people can't get enough of Dubsmash and they make use of the media's most popular lines and take advantage of the world's latest trend. Even celebrities are having fun with it.
Yes, it's the time of the year again that Radio Disney's hosting the biggest and the brightest awards ceremony and for the year 2015, the Radio Disney Music Awards is getting more exciting than ever because there has been numerous contenders vying for the ARDY's.
Now, here's the list of this year's winners:
Best Music Group - Fifth Harmony
Best Male Artist - Ed Sheeran
Best Female Artist - Ariana Grande
Song of the Year - Problem by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea
Best Crush Song - Can't Blame A Girl for Trying by Sabrina Carpenter
Fiercest Fans - Harmonizers
Best New Artist - Charli XCX
Catchiest New Song - Shower by Becky G
Artist with the Best Style - Becky G
Best Song that Makes You Smile - Sugar by Maroon 5
Best Song to Rock Out To With Your BFF - Young Blood by Bea Miller
Best Song To Dance To - Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
Best Breakup Song - The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez
Best Collaboration - Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato feat. Cher Lloyd
Radio Disney's Most Talked About Artist - Ariana Grande
In the world of boxing, there are different kinds of fighters we faced. There are fighters who lived by pride, those who strategize very well, those who uphold honor, those who fall, those who bring death, those who lived to battle, those with experience, those with their undying faith to God, those who witnessed it, those who guard, and those who started a revolution. These are the kinds of fighters we saw in the ring and no matter how big-shot these famed boxers are, they're still bound to their fighter's honor. Some maintained theirs, others corrupted it by any means.
For a guy like Manny Pacquiao, having his honor maintained a fighter is what made him special and no matter how high-profile or low-profile the foes he faced, be it Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales, Shane Mosley, Tim Bradley, Brandon Rios, Chris Algieri, or any known boxer he faced, be it a win or a loss, his fighter's honor tested him and such courage snagged him multiple titles in his belt.
Now, his fighter's honor is resting on his shoulders because he's going to face the undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the world's greatest boxing match in human history this May and what we have here, ladies and gents, is a match between two of the world's biggest fighters.
I can really see why it's happening and why is everyone salivated for it but behind the scenes, looks like both of the fighters are having their honors degrading, well for Mayweather because he had dealt with too much media maulings, looks like this fighter who lives by pride had his pride haunted through him.
I know that pride is considered one of the seven deadly sins by some but for some boxers, they don't know what is the true meaning of pride, perhaps those who knew that pride is measured by their success never realized that they're starting to become more hysterical than what their former selves be. Looks like his ego drove him like a wolf that can chew through any leash.
For Manny, although he's a high-profile fighter, he doesn't live by his pride. He upholds his honor not just at the ring but also outside the ring, from his celebrity status, his politician status, and his faith to God. He's a man of many roles and he can take on any things he wants, even for his own family. Although he's a man who upholds honor, his beginnings wasn't that humble because...well, if you guys watched that Kid Kulafu movie, you'd probably know who he is...but, still, you get the idea.
Like Mayweather, Pacquiao is somewhat more of a dog that was leashed by money but soon, he'll become more of a wolf. A wolf that can chew through any leash and yes, I said that earlier, because money isn't what made Pacquiao a famed fighter in his own right, its his dark past that made him a stronger fighter, but sooner or later, his old "Kid Kulafu" past will haunt him right through his soul and therefore lost the will to fight even outside the ring.
That sounds so sad but having learned through experience, Pacman's no quitter. He has the strength, and the willpower to get himself up and finish where he started and for the upcoming fight with Mayweather, he will give everything he got to finish the job, no matter the result.
For Mayweather, challenging Pacquiao is a big way to think that his pride is always on his side because he remains his outstanding record for winning matches and the fact of being an undefeated champ as of now. For Pacquiao, challenging Mayweather is all about having his honor tested. Let's remember that it was the Pacman's fist that caused Bradley (on his second encounter) and Algieri taste their first defeat and for this ultimate match, this will be very one-sided. It's about a battle between pride and honor and which side should they'll be on? Mayweather lives by pride and Pacquiao upholds his honor as a fighter, no matter which side you're on, it's all in the name of fighter's honor.
Pacman, your biggest fight for your life is almost here and this is the chance you've been waiting for! Remember, GET OUT AND GIVE HIM HELL! We're all praying for your success!!!
An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.8 struck parts of Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, and the city of Pokhara. It is known to be the deadliest of the Nepal earthquakes in over eight decades and it's not just Nepal that's affected. It's also parts of India, Bangladesh, Tibet, and Mount Everest, where avalanches were triggered.
Details about the epicenter of the Nepal quake remains scarce and it is feared that over a thousand people were killed by that massive tremor and the death toll could climb as more information appears any time.
Reports told that in affected areas other than Nepal, about 15 people, including five in Tibet, were killed in an avalanche in Mount Everest, while 40 are reported dead in India, and one person died in Bangladesh.
Today's earthquake in Nepal is the worst since 1934 which killed over 8,500 people.