- Japanese authorities arrested a man suspected of landing a drone on the rooftop of the Office of the Prime Minister in Tokyo. The unidentified 40-year-old male turned himself to the authorities in Obama City, Fukui Prefecture at around 2000 hours Japan time last night. He told the cops that he landed the drone as an anti-nuclear act and he put sand from Fukushima in the container.
- The military chief of North Korea threatened a nuclear attack in response to joint military exercises conducted by South Korean and American troops. It is feared that they might carry out further provocation by firing a ballistic missile on the day of the army's founding anniversary.
- Australia and New Zealand are remembering their troops during the Battle of Gallipoli in World War One. Events throughout Saturday mark the centenary of Anzacs at Gallipoli on Anzac Day.
- Sabeen Mehmud, a Pakistani human rights activist has been killed in a drive-by shooting in the city of Karachi, moments after hosting a talk on allegations of torture in Balochistan.
- Little did you know that boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is preparing himself for the big fight in May, bought 100 cars in a dealership in Las Vegas.
- The next installment in The Fast & The Furious movie series will be showing in April 2017. This was announced by actor Vin Diesel himself.
- Lovelivers in the world, rejoice! Love Live! The School Idol Movie, which will be showing in Japanese cinemas this June 13, will have its global theatrical release! Select US cities, Hong Kong, South Korea, Oceania, select ASEAN countries, and Taiwan will be joining the fun with the μ's big screen debut!