Wednesday, December 24, 2014

CHRISTMAS 2014: Enjoying the final day of the Simbang Gabi


As you may now, the Simbang Gabi for 2014 has come to an end and oh, have you guys completed the whole nine days of Simbang Gabi masses? For me, I've completed them all. I managed to survive through all nine days of Simbang Gabi masses flawlessly but some of you didn't cut the mustard to complete all nine days due to some reasons but there's always next year, right?


From where I am standing, at Seattle's St. Edward's Parish, just a mile away from our home in Graham Street, Seattle, the last day of the Simbang Gabi took place and every year, Seattle's Archbishop Peter Sartain visited this church just to offer some words of wisdom to those attendees, and then some attendees and sponsors are offering him "gifts" at the near-end of the mass. It's been an honor to meet up with one of Northwest's high-profile and religious persons again.

Anyway, enough said. I think this is enough to talk much about what I did on the last day but more importantly is, I've completed all nine days of Simbang Gabi this year. Despite finishing the nine days of Simbang Gabi, looks like I'll be visiting this church again for the annual Christmas Eve mass but we decided to go for the one that held at 2200 hours Pacific Time. That's 10:00PM for the commoners. That gives my mom plenty of time to prepare our noche buena and after we arrived home for the mass, it's time to eat and when the clock strikes twelve, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Woo-hoo! I'm so excited to open my presents!

See you next time and when I got my presents, I'll post my unwrapping article about what presents I got for this year's Christmas.

No comments: