And now, the week in review of what's what at the Korean peninsula...
August 19, 2013
- South Korea said that talks on resuming reunions for separated families and on reopening the Mt. Geumgang resort to South Korean tourists will be dealt with as two separate issues.
August 20, 2013
- South Korea has proposed that the two Koreas meet at the end of next month for talks on restarting tours to the Mt. Geumgang resort.
August 21, 2013
- Six months after President Park Geun-hye introduced the so-called trust-building process to deal with the North, South Korean unification minister Ryo Gil-jae outlined the concept of the policy to reporters.
August 22, 2013
- North Korea accepted South Korea's offer to meet at Panmunjom on Friday for Red Cross talks on resuming reunions for families separated since the Korean War.
August 23, 2013
- The two Koreas confirmed that both countries want to hold reunions on or around the Jusak holiday for families separated by the Korean war although details need to be worked out.