Monday, March 4, 2013

Forza Horizon: Why I need more hot hatches...

Forza Horizon has it all; from European exotics, American muscle cars, Asian tuners, hot hatches, classics, anything that this game has in store for gamers like me. Anyway, when I said hot hatches, yes they have those hot hatches but sometimes as for me, not all hot hatches are created equally. Sure the main point of an hot hatch is to be as fun as a supercar but you can have a boot, some amenities, anything that made you as spoiled as a spoiled brat. However, I don't think there was some kind of a hot hatch that really tickles my nerves. I mean come on, the best hot hatch you can find is from a French car company which I'm afriad wasn't part of the Horizon game. It's still a mystery when will this "best hot hatch" come to Horizon soon but in the meantime, I have to check over the alternatives and as for me, the results came up none because none of these hot hatches seem to please me, not even this one...

Messing up the warehouse

I tried out the 2013 Ford Focus ST on Horizon and after a few more minutes, I really want to sum it up if this one's an ideal hot hatch for a Horizon gamer like me but it's not that very easy to describe the qualities of the 2013 Focus ST. Under the bonnet is a 2.0L EcoBoost engine that produces about 250PS of power and 340Nm of torque. Zero to 100kph takes about 6.5 seconds and flatout in about 248kph.

Of course, a true hot hatch needs to be sharp, agile, and overall more fun to drive like what you felt on the supercar and seems that the Focus ST...doesn't do those things.  Sure, it has a sport-tuned suspension that is capable on the corners but the steering precision is a bit too harsh for me. There's a bit of an understeer, a bit of torque steer, and it's about as busy as a regular third-generation Ford Focus.

Kaa-kaa!!! Kaa-kaa!!! Oh, what did I just do?

Something tells me that the front view doesn't look pleasant on the Focus ST because it reminded them of some super-deformed character that goes like this..."Kakka! Kakka! Kakka!". Oh, what did I just do? Am I doing the "kakka! kakka!" noise right now? Wait a minute, I shouldn't talk about that or do I? (laughing)

It's a long weekend ahead on us

Despite its drawbacks to its steering, it's problematic revs, the design, and about as busy as a normal third-generation Focus, there are a couple of things that you'll praise about the 2013 Ford Focus ST such as the EcoBoost engine that powers it and the torque. You have to be a major major hooligan to get yourself drunk inside the 2013 Focus ST's underbelly but at what cost? Your dignity? Nah, this hot hatch from Ford is always accessible to every "speedo boy" in the world.

Sadly though the ST is not the type of Focus enthusiasts might like because according to them, the best Focus ever made was the Euro-only RS model but which Focus RS?

Could be handy if I was followed by more than one shadow

Let's skip from that question and move on to the Focus RS I might like about and that's the RS 500. The Ford Focus RS 500. As the name says it all, this final edition model of the European 2nd generation Ford Focus is limited to 500 units (101 of them are in the UK) and what to expect on the RS 500 is an improved 2.5L turbo engine that produces 345bhp of power, zero to hundred sprint in 5.4 seconds and flatout in 165mph. It's the fastest Focus ever made and the best Focus that enthusiasts love is the best Focus...for the priviledged few because all 500 units had been spoken for.

The Black Panther

Thanks to some very clever front differential, the grip is just right, not like the sluggish handling from the 2013 Ford Focus ST if I might say. It's also well balanced as well. This is just the perfect Focus everybody in Horizon really wants because it really has a well balanced chemistry of power and precision. I like that way.

Invited to the party? Oh yes you are...

The Focus RS500 is the best Focus I have ever driven in Horizon but when it comes to search for a perfect hot hatchback, thing is though that even I liked the Focus RS500, perhaps I can do better than that... There are some hot hatches coming soon on Horizon and delving through the hot hatch underbelly offers me a lot of choices to make...



Speaking of which, condolences to those Ford fans in Japan because...um...it's too bad that Japan won't get the 2013 Focus ST even though that the third-generation Ford Focus is now available in Japan in hatchback only and sourced from an ASEAN country that starts with a letter T.

No comments: