Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Forza Horizon: The RAGE of the RACER

Forza Horizon's January RECARO Car Pack is out now and to begin, there is one car in the pack that tickles my fancy, if you know what I mean? First and foremost, I once tried the supercharged Evora S, which is the pinnacle of the Lotus range but for some fans they want something lighter because that's what Lotuses are made of. Luckily though, help is at hand because there's now a Lotus that combines big power and lighter weight and here's the result....

A supercharged V6 Toyota engine in a light car...

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the new Lotus Exige S, the V6 model, not the one that has a Toyota Celica engine from the past. Anyway, this is one of the cars from the January RECARO Car Pack that tickles my fancies because this feels just right. Big power in a light car equals a total recipe of RAGE for the RACER within. Sure you'll gonna get people noticing you and then they'll say "teach this sucker a lesson.", "Move out!", "Don't you know how to drive?", "I like your style, kid...", "Excellent cornering!", and the feedback from others just goes on and on but it doesn't matter because what I got here is a Lotus that will make me happy...VERY happy because a supercharged 3.5L V6 Toyota engine in a lightweight car made in Hethel, Norfolk is just what I want to drive in the world of Forza.

Teach this sucker a lesson...

By the moment I drove this brand-new pinnacle of the Lotus range, first impressions isn't going to be a nice one but as I long I got addicted to the V6 Exige, we're going to have a long-distance relationship between me and the Norfolk-built car with a V6 Toyota engine on it but that will be wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey for that. Anyway, thanks to such big V6 engine on it, I was expecting that the weight is now doubled and yes...sort of because by the data, it's now 500 pounds more than the previous Exige but despite its added weight, it can get me through 60 in four seconds and it can do 170mph on a straight line...just. In terms of handling, thanks to being a lightweight Lotus despite a bulky engine on it, it's just so great to handle. It's not hard to master and it doesn't matter if you're not concentrating. It is as emotional as a gloomy schoolgirl but it is as serious as a professional racer who want to brag everything at the luncheon and if by luncheon, mmmm....luncheon meat...

This has some screen presence on it!

What I also like about the new Exige S V6 is its presence, it's "screen presence" if you know what I mean because in my thoughts, the closing credits from a classic video game titled Rage Racer are gonna look good if I was going to parodize it with my might. Maybe a little AMV or a MAD would do but still, it looks fantastically gorgeous, it kinda reminiscent of the fictitious Fatalita from either Rage Racer or the PSV version of Ridge Racer. Is it just me or am I saying it too far?

A very aggressive corner muncher

But still, I love this car. Even though this car's just unfit for my height, I still love this car, all that zany personality, the lightweight body, the bulky engine, the race-focused cockpit, everything, especially its presence at Forza Horizon. This is going to be my favorite car in Horizon for the month of January.

No comments: