Friday, January 13, 2012

How can the wrong RS5 feels so right all along?

Uh, am I singing the song "Catch Me, I'm Falling" OR IS THAT JUST ME? Never mind, the Audi RS5 was added on Forza Motorsport 4 via January Jalopnik Pack. Don't blame them why they put the pre-facelifted version but in such reasons, the Audi RS5 was featured in an episode of Top Gear where it pit against the BMW M3 Competition Package. Sadly though, the Audi RS5 is heavier and despite the 4WD layout, it's nowhere near as good at the corners.

The retractable spoiler made the RS5
look even worse...

The Audi RS5 is not the modern day version of the Audi Quattro, a classic sports car that petrolheads love to drive this classic Audi. What really bothers me that it has some retractable spoiler that the Audi S5 doesn't have. However, what surprised me when if I had turned off the Traction Control, the RS5's Launch Control really puts this sportscar to a perfect launch but when it comes to corners, it's a complete wazzock. When I tuned it to meet its A-class regulation, it has proven to be somewhat quicker than my Aston Martin V12 Vantage, and yet it is superbly quicker than the time Stig set it on Top Gear. Yep, the Audi RS5 raced through the Top Gear Test Track at 1:27.5 but my tuned RS5 just pushed it even further but a little bit uncomfortable at my burning back.

The Audi RS5's interior

As I watched an episode of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson once said that the Audi RS5 uses petrol to make gear-changing sounds nice. I don't know why but at the end, the Audi RS5 is as worthless as the BMW M3 Competition Package. However, when reviewed by Top Gear Magazine, the RS5 gave a 15/20 rating and what they like is that it's comfortable, well-made, exclusive, looks good, and grips well. I like that.

Oooohhh!! Brrrrr!!

How can something so wrong feels so right all along? Catch me, I'm falling over the seduction of the RS5!




No comments: